- Before soccer practice, Grace asks if she can wear her hat. I reply, "yes, but not on the field." Exasperated, Grace sighs, "I just like fashion better than soccer."
- When asked what she would like her Papa and Tita to bring her back from their trip to St. Thomas, Grace replies......."the drain." (i.e. the drain to the ocean) I can't figure out whether this is funny or disturbing?
- When offered a snack she replied, "No thank you, I don't want to disturb my dinner."
- Grace inquires, "Mom, who can I marry in this town?" I reply, "You have plenty of time to decide. You don't have to worry about that right now." Grace responds, "I can marry Ty!" After some thought, "No, I don't think Ty would be very happy if he had to see me EVERY DAY!"
- Grace picks a stuffed animal or baby doll each day that is her "little honey". On this particular day it was her pink dragon. "Mom, I don't really like dragons, but you have to love what God gives you."
- On our way out the door she yells back, "Hey, mom, don't forget the apron. I don't want Papa Mark and Grandma Brenda to see my boobies when I'm feeding my dragon."
- "Mom, remember that time at the zoo when I told Amber and Colin that we could not go to the park? I think I was three. Well, do you think God remembers sins from long time agos?"
- "Mom, I have a problem. I don't want to be naughty at school, but I really want to try out that manners mat!"
- We had company and Grace was sleeping with Luke and I. As Luke and I are talking, Grace exclaims, "Please, guys, you're stealing my sleep!"
- And my favorite....."Hey, mom, all you have to do is love Jesus and you can be God's daughter just like Jesus is God's son. You really can, mom!"
Grace nursing her dragon
7 comments:
ok. that made me laugh alot! good thing you are writing these things down. i'm calling you TONIGHT!
i'm rolling that was so funny. you're going to have to explain the zoo one to me though
So....funny!
that might be the funniest picture i've ever seen! hope you're doing well.
April you have great material here for a book! Grace says the cutest things! They remind me of the "Family Circus" comic strip.
That is laugh out loud funny!
I am cracking up! I needed a good laugh.
Post a Comment