is how long 'Rally the Beetle' survived his transition from Sonic park wanderer to Grace's beloved pet. And before the end, we had several close calls. "I thought my beetle was killed but he just needed a push-off," Grace assured us. Currently, Grace loves bugs. This is the same girl, who not even six months ago screamed "BUG" if she saw a fly; and the sound of crickets chirping sent her running inside to the safety of her home. Luke and I were saying this much, when Grace chimed in, "that was before Ty teach-ed me that bugs don't bite." So, after some play time with the beetle, Grace said her good-nights. "Rally, dream about me and I'll dream I have a nice daddy who gets me a real pet, like a dog or a cat." That evening Grace hollered out to us numerous times, "Is my bug still okay?"
So, the next morning Grace greets Rally but Rally doesn't have too much to say. To my surprise, Grace, in her big girl voice, states, "My bug is dead, but I am not going to cry. I am four years old and I know that there are plenty of bugs in this world." Never the less, she insisted on taking pictures with Rally before the burial. She wanted me to hold him, "Close your hand, just in case God decides to make him better. He's a fast little beetle." And then she buried him. No tears, no drama (Well, I guess it is a little dramatic to take pictures with a beetle and bury him, but less dramatic than I anticipated.)
Rest in peace Rally, without the fear of any sudden "push-offs."
2 comments:
that's funny and a little disgusting all at the same time. Grace seems to keep you all entertained.
Okay...I am reading all your new posts at once and now I am laughing so hard I am crying. That is one heck of a funny girl.
Post a Comment