Well, I'm officially thirty. And although I am still slowly on my way to being a hunchback; it indeed did not happen overnight. I had a great birthday! That morning Grace greeted me enthusiastically, "Happy Birthday mom! You look so much bigger! You should go to the doctor and get weighed." I took it as a compliment. A very dear friend watched both of the kids, while Luke and I enjoyed a lovely dinner. Luke watched a chick flick with me and did not add sarcastic commentary. And the next evening some girlfriends took me out for dinner and drinks! A very fun girls' night out! So it has been more like a birthday week!
I always thought I would feel so old when I turned thirty. It is a little weird that I will never again be in my twenties. It went so fast! But I feel great! (minus the extra ten pounds I'm carrying around) If someone would have told me that at thirty I would have so many loving family and friends, two healthy children I adore, and a husband whom I not only love but like immensely, I would have been looking forward to this day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Happy Birthday April!
i missed it! i'm ashamed! happy birthday!
Happy Birthday, late. Trust me, it gets even better from here!
Post a Comment