The spa was luxurious and relaxing. In fact, during my volcanic stone massage I wondered if I would experience this in Heaven- the only thing missing: a tinge of guilt for indulging and the mid massage potty break.
I had a leisurely, fancy, delicious dinner and left the table without any baby food on any part of my body.
Now for the grand finale....... SLEEP! I love sleep. I miss sleep. I figured out that I still know how to sleep in longer than two hour increments. I thought I would sleep in like crazy, ten or something, but around 7:45 I could sleep no longer. It was as if I had been asleep for days. I was so refreshed!
The weekend was topped off with a police officer kindly issuing me a warning instead of a $200 dollar ticket. (What can I say, I missed my family!)
What made this gift so special, was the thought that went into it. Luke knew that I would worry less if he were taking care of the kids. Not that I don't trust people with my kids, but I would feel terrible making someone get up every two hours. Although I am so appreciative and touched, it doesn't surprise me. He's just that kind of husband; considerate and selfless, and not just on my birthday!
Thank you Luke! It was even better than I anticipated!
No comments:
Post a Comment