We patiently waited for the kids' bedtime. Luke prepared a delicious feast for us to dine by candlelight, when in storms our little drama queen. "You lit the candles and didn't invite me?" She storms back to her room only to return minutes later. With tear stained eyes, she pleads to join.
After spending some "family time", we put her to bed. From bed she cries out, "Mommy, daddy....can I tell you something?"
"Go to bed!" We holler in unison.
Desparate she goes on, "I just need to tell you something!"
"What?" Both of us clearly exasperated.
Sobbing, she hollers, "I just really love you guys." (breaking into sobs)
Trying not to laugh, we reassure her yet firmly tell her goodnight.
A few minute pass, and Grace gets the final word of the night. Sadness turned to anger she yells, "I hope you are having fun without me!" And with that she went to sleep.
Although we felt sad for her, we had a good laugh and enjoyed our evening alone! She forgave us quite quickly for in the morning we were greeted with a hearty, "Happy Anniversary!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That's hilarious. She's a lot like you, you know. Talking through things:-)
she makes a good point . . . no, no. no she doesn't. hope you had a nice celebration!
FUNNY! What a ham. Hope you had a good evening after all!
totally cracking up. happy anniversary :)
soooo reassuring! thanks! i'll be thinking about you tonight when i'm nursing and you're listening to your poor son cry it out!ha! i've heard the same about weaning, it'll make me feel better if it works for you and wade. good luck!!
I just happened upon your blog on Melodie's blog, and after watching your video, I HAD to tell you that I think your daughter and my son must be kindred spirits! I'm not sure how old Grace is, but my son is 5 and the logic that kids have at that age is sometimes astounding. You just can't argue with it sometimes! She is a doll! I felt like I was watching a female version of my son!
Post a Comment