Just when I am convinced my daughter is truly a twelve year old stuck in a four year old body, the word poop sends her into a hysterical fit of laughter and I am once again reassured that she is indeed four. This child has so much personality that I most surely will only be qualified for this job for another year...tops! The other day when she was driving me a little crazy I made an immature comment, "It will take longer for church to start if you keep asking." She called me out, "Mom, you don't decide when church starts, God does!" Today, in the car, I spent some time convincing her that Bartlesville does not have a radio station featuring 'polka' music. By the way, she no longer aspires to be a Sonic car hop, but would much prefer to be a polka dancer in China. She can be extremely sassy, but she is also very sweet. The other night she prayed, "Please protect all of the people I know, and even the people I don't know." It was touching to see her caring for people outside of "her little world." I just love hearing all of things that come out of this girl's mouth. (well, most of the time!!)
Currently my big challenge with Grace is getting ready in the morning. On school days I desperately try to fix her hair before she gets the chance. I know she needs to learn to be more self sufficient, but if you could see her hair you would feel my pain. So, on non-school days, I let her go around town making her fashion statement. Although she's been known to sport a hat and gloves in 80 degree weather, I will not give into flip flops in 50 degree weather. I captured a few of her looks...
If you look real closely you might see the two inch glob of gel on her scalp! There are several little clips underneath these bows. She is also carrying lipstick (plastic) and a compact.

Today, she decided she wanted freckles, so she drew them on her face.
1 comment:
wow! that is great. these are the moments she'll look back on and say "mom, WHY did you let me walk out of the house like that?!" I have several photos like that of my childhood...my mom claims the same thing...atleast you have proof! ;) she's cute
Post a Comment