Saturday, February 14, 2009

Grace

While I was getting ready, Grace was laying on my bed thumbing through the Bible. "I can't believe my eyes! This is the goodest day of my life!" She brought the Bible to me and proudly pointed out her name. "I knew God put me in the Bible." She took the Bible to Luke and showed off her discovery. He gave her a quite impressive child version of the definition of grace. She then proceeded to look for Steve Irwin's name and was less than thrilled when I finally convinced her she would not find it. Not giving up, she pointed to the word, grace. "So, is that really my name?" Trying to let her down gently, I explained , "so that particular grace is speaking of God's grace." She ended the conversation, "Well, I am God's Grace."

3 comments:

everyday graces said...

She is spot on! What a beautiful girl you have. And so so smart!

Betsy said...

I just read several of your older posts...you really could or should write a book of "Grace-isms". She is hilarious yet so insightful!

khowze said...

So funny! I would love to live in your world for one day! I don't think I would stop laughing. You all crack me up!