Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Some thoughts from Grace this month...

Grace is really into The Sound of Music these days.....

* She asked, "Do teenagers escape their parents to go see people they love?" I am thinking "what in the world?" and then I figure out she is referring to the teenage daughter in The Sound of Music.
* During the "I am Fifteen going on Sixteen" scene Grace ask in a stern voice, "Why doesn't she say: Why did you go and become a Nazi, anyway?" (I don't think she will have any problem holding her own.)
* Luke was dressed up nicely and she compliments, "Wow, dad, you look like a German!" ??????
* She has asked me if she can have a governess. She has also put in a request for a step-mom.

*While dining at Pizza Hut, we were attempting the game cards available at the table. The game was similar to Taboo and we were trying to get Grace to say "Family Gathering." I easily got her to say "Family" but was having a hard time with "Gathering." I told her it was when a whole bunch of family are in one place. She confidently shouts "Difficult Family." I'm not sure why she said this, but it gave us a chuckle.
*She had just been diagnosed with Strep and we were waiting for her prescription to be filled. I thought I would treat her to a cherry slush.
Grace: "Are you sure I should be drinking a sugary drink while I'm sick?"
Me: A little caught off guard "Well, I don't know Grace, if you're feeling okay....."
Grace: Clearly agitated, "Mom please tell me. You're the grown up here, I'm just a child."
*Earlier this week Grace was sick with the stomach bug. She was so polite and composed. One particular time before she got sick, she calmly stated "Oh, dear, I just may vomit."
*In the car Grace was telling Luke and I what letter words begin with. "Tree starts with T, sign starts with S, couch starts with C, mote control starts with M."
*I was showing Grace a picture of her dance recital costume. "No way, I can't wear that. I don't want my heart to show." It took me a minute to get this, but apparently she thought it was too low cut. (It is strappy but not low cut!)
*For all those mom's considering a Baby Alive doll....proceed with caution. Do you want another child? They really do pee all over the place. Grace has had this doll for a while and her fascination with her comes and goes. Currently, Baby Alive is the fifth member of our family. I can't tell you how many discussions we have over Sally! "But mom, she says she IS hungry. Mom, Sally peed all over my bed. Mom, how come I fed Sally orange food but she just pooped green food ON MY FLOOR?" Much like Wade, Sally has had her fair share of blow outs!
*Grace told me that she thought "so and so" kind of has a fat bottom. I told her that it wasn't a nice thing to say and explained that it could hurt someones feelings. She was a little confused because Luke always jokes about his fat tummy. She felt bad and apologetically said, "well, maybe it wasn't her bottom, just the pants she was wearing." (I thought I was very careful not to ask Luke questions about my weight, appearance, or size of my bottom in pants in front of her...apparently not careful enough. Although funny coming from a four year old, that was a definite eye opener. This girl doesn't miss anything!)
*At school they were asked to draw a picture of their New Year's Resolution. Grace's resolution is to be in a parade! She told me this is very important to her.

5 comments:

Melodie said...

oh my goodness! she might be the funniest girl i know. i guess you need a pen and paper ready at all times when Grace is around. i love that little girl! i really do!

Courtney said...

melodie said everything was going to say...

wow! seriously. she is a riot!

do you write it all down? how on earth do you remember it if you don't, and how on earth do you have time to write it all down, if you do? either way, way to go!

April said...

I do write it down. I jot it down and later write it in a journal I keep for her. It is a bit time consuming, but I'm not a scrapbooker so she will get journals and plain old photo albums.

everyday graces said...

Hilarious April! I'm so glad you write this stuff down to share with the rest of us. She is so like her mama sometimes. What a doll!

khowze said...

That girl cracks me up!! I told Mike about the "are you trying to junk us up or something" comment at AWANAS the other night and I couldn't get through it without laughing.