Grace and I had a marvelous evening at the Kiddie Park; eating snow cones and hanging out with Boo Boo the Clown. Yes, my daughter loves clowns! Her obsession began at the ripe age of two and has been going strong ever since. Although I would find it a bit strange for any child to like clowns, I was flabbergasted by Grace's new love. We are talking about a kid who has literally screamed in terror at her own shadow (one of the saddest and most hilarious moments I have ever witnessed). So, tonight she points to a clown and says in her most grown up voice, "Mom, I UNDERSTAND that he is only dressed up and is not a real clown like Boo Boo." In her precious little brain, she truly believes that Boo Boo has a clown wife, and clown babies, and lives in a clown house. Oh, it is going to be a sad day in the Lumpkin house when Grace comes to the realization that underneath those big red shoes, Boo Boo's feet look a whole lot like daddy's!
I didn't have the camera tonight, but here are some pics from the beginning of summer.....
The Kiddie Park is an amusement park geared towards young children. Cotton candy, snow cones, clowns and $0.25 rides; this place is awesome!
Whiskers the Clown came to Grace's fourth birthday party. (I know a few poor kids praying for this phase to pass.) Grace's beloved Boo Boo was at a clown convention. Grace's reaction, "Oh, like a family reunion?"
2 comments:
so forget santa clause. it's bobo that will truly disappoint. cute!
Grace cracks me up!!
Probably a good thing we couldn't make it to Grace's bday party, Aidan would have been terrified!
Post a Comment