Thursday, August 28, 2008

Six Months Old

As of August 27th, my little man is six months old! Tipping the scales at 18 lbs 3 oz, he has mastered sitting, without support, and is desperately trying to crawl. He puts a lot of sweat into reaching a desired toy, but can only manage to scoot backwards. Rice cereal and nursing are on his limited menu, but we will soon be adding some greens. (No, I do not feed him meat and potatoes!) Yelling, joyful yet loud, is Wade's favorite hobby. He yells at the ceiling fan, his hands, his feet, and his sister. Currently, his hands are his top choice of companionship. Here's out it often plays out: he open and closes his hand several times, appearing to be somewhat confused. Confusion turns to amusement, which leads to a one-sided conversation with his hand (lots of oohs and gaaahs). Babbling escalates to yelling. The yelling can go on for quite some time but always ends in deep belly laughs. I watch this several times a day, and I am as equally delighted with the first performance as I am the last. Bathing this precious boy is more difficult than you can imagine. First of all, he does not want to stay upright in the tub. He tries to lap up the water, eat the side of the tub, or just lay down. Bathing any wiggly baby would be difficult, but a baby with many, many deep folds is another story. He has some very good hiding places on that chubby body. I find myself to be fairly competent, but I must say that bath time is turning into a two parent job. Wade's a wonderful napper, but most nights he's waking every three hours. I am not short on good advice, just will power; that is my will power, definitely not Wade's.
He is so happy and smiley! Not in the least bit fearful of strangers, he makes friends everywhere! Luke and I are so in love with this little guy. God has blessed us beyond measure! Happy 6 months Wade! (or as Grace says "Congratulations!")



2 comments:

everyday graces said...

What a cutie! Give that cheek a smooch for me.

Courtney said...

so cute! and handsome.